This Goes with That: 6 Best Facial Rejuvenation Combinations for Youthful Skin
As Albert Einstein once said, “knowledge is power” and with knowledge, you can feel more confident about investing in treatments and skin rejuvenation that works with your skin, not against it. Experienced Skin Specialist Sia Hendry offers her clients over ten years’ expert advice and knowledge for skin care products, lifestyle factors, and products and treatments that can improve the appearance and health of their skin.
Your day-to-day commitment to your skin is one of the factors that can make a massive difference to how your skin looks and feels. The other factors are in the product itself, and how they are used in treatments. There are four factors that decide the efficacy of a product:
- The active ingredients in the product
- The form of the active ingredients in the product
- The percentage of active ingredients in the product
- The delivery system of the product
So, given that it is about what you do, when you do it and the way that you do it, we wanted to bring you our 6 Best Facial Rejuvenation Tips for Youthful Skin to give you a head start:
1. Yoga + Laser Hair Removal
Yoga is the ancient art of stretching the body and mind to achieve flexibility, inner peace and a toned physique. When wearing yoga outfits such as tights, shirts and singlets, it is best (for yourself and others in the packed yoga studio) to be hair-free – less odour and smoother legs makes for a calm and confident yogi!
- You By Sia Treatment: Laser Hair Removal
- What are the benefits (of laser hair removal)? Hair reduction sessions cause little discomfort and are a quick way to reduce unwanted body hair. You By Sia’s leading laser technology ensures precise, targeted and effective results. Small areas such as the upper lip can be treated in just a few minutes and 90% of clients report noticeable hair reduction in 8-10 sessions. The cost of laser hair removal is extremely affordable compared to alternative methods.
- How does laser hair removal work? Laser uses a concentrated beam of light to target and damage the hair follicle, leaving the surrounding skin unaffected. After a few treatment sessions the follicles become weaker, which reduces hair growth and eliminates painful ingrown hairs, providing great results on all areas of the body.
- Which areas can be treated? We can treat all areas of the face and body, except the eyelids!
2. Meditation + Skin Rejuvenation
Meditation is a companion exercise to yoga and can be done sitting or lying down, walking or hanging upside down in a gym. It has become much more popular in recent years but has been around in many forms for over two thousand years. In a nutshell, it is the practice of breathing and mind control – but is much more than that, being linked to the nervous system, state of health and inner peace/beauty that most of us desire in today’s stressful, busy world.
While there is no replacement for meditation, an effective complement to it is skin tightening, which unlocks the key to a beautifully smooth, youthful complexion through the use of radio frequency and magnetic pulsing therapy.
- You By Sia Treatment: RF Skin Tightening
- How does it work? RF Skin Tightening uses radio frequency waves to deliver a small amount of controlled heat to the deeper layers of the skin, boosting collagen and elastin production. As the natural building blocks for glowing, supple skin, increased collagen and elastin production can dramatically help to improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and sagging.
- What results can I expect? RF Skin Tightening can help to improve the appearance of laxed skin, skin tone, tightness and elasticity.
- Is treatment painful? Treatment is quick and will not cause discomfort.
- Is there any downtime?As the outer layer of skin (or epidermis) is not damaged in any way during treatment, RF Skin Tightening boasts zero downtime!
3. Walking, Jogging + Skin Needling
Walking for half an hour each day maintains good health through heart fitness, toning and fat loss, muscle building and endurance, and bone strengthening. Physical activity does not have to be strenuous and should be an achievable part of every lifestyle.
If you prefer to jog, then you will receive higher aerobic fitness which prevents hypertension and heart disease, diabetes, aids in a stronger immune system. It also sends more oxygen around the body, which is said to prevent some cancers but for the skin, is excellent as it flushes more oxygen through the cells and adds to the glowing texture of the complexion. You By Sia’s Regen Pen technology also promotes younger, more glowing skin through their industry-benchmark Skin Needling Treatment.
- You By Sia Treatment: Skin Needling
- How does the Regen Pen work? The Regen Pen gently slides over the surface of the skin, penetrating micro-fine needles through the skin. These fine micro-lesions trigger the skin’s healing response, promoting the release of new collagen and elastin production to improve the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines and sagging.
- How does skin needling compare to other treatments? Treatment with the Regen Pen can be an effective alternative to cosmetic surgery, laser resurfacing and chemical peels. While these procedures carry significant risk of burning, scarring, hyperpigmentation and hypopigmentation, treatment with the Regen Pen is effective, comfortable and affordable. The results of skin needling are comparable to those of chemical and CO2 laser resurfacing, without the downtime.
- How many treatments will I require? We generally recommend one session a month, for 3 to 6 months.
- Will I require any downtime? Unlike other laser and chemical resurfacing treatments, skin needling does not cause discomfort or require any downtime. The face may appear slightly red in the two or three days following treatment, followed by slight flaking.
4. Exfoliate gently with Alpha Hydroxy Acids + Water
When exfoliating with an acid and water mix, the reaction of the two together changes the structure of the acid to make it inactive. The solution is to use a product which understands this change, and is able to provide a deep cleansing experience to take place while natural chemical exfoliation is occurring.
- You By Sia Product: Intense Clenz
- A cosmeceutical-grade deep-foaming body cleanser, packed with vital antioxidants and vitamins. Removes excess oil while refreshing and balancing the appearance of problem skin.
5. Skin Rejuvenation from the Inside with Probiotics and Anti-Microbials
Probiotics reduce inflammation by balancing the good and bad bacteria that live on skin. Digestive enzymes are natural proteins that are produced by the body to help break down food. These enzymes cause important biochemical reactions that assist in the extraction of essential nutrients, vitamins and minerals from food as it is being digested.
Without these enzymes, food can become putrid and ferment while in the bowel. Any undigested items can cause inflammation, cramps, bloating and gas in our stomachs. This is almost toxic for our systems.
- You By Sia Product: Digestive Enzymes
- You by Sia has developed a complex of key digestive enzymes that can be taken in a convenient capsule form. Our digestive formula has been proven to assist in the absorption of important nutrients, minerals, iron and cofactors that you may otherwise be missing out on. This formula may also help with the symptoms of IBS.
6. Acne Treatment with Antioxidants + Anti-inflammatories + Antimicrobial
When combined in a particular way, they make a potentially potent effect to calm, heal and prevent acne, with the release of bacteria-killing free radicals, anti-inflammatory benefits to protect the skin by destroying the cells that block the skin pore and clear away infection and normalise sebaceous glands.
- You By Sia Product: Vanish AM
- Vanish AM is a powerful serum which employs a complex of botanicals, minerals and antioxidants to support acne prone skin while reducing excess oil during the day.
- You By Sia Product: Vanish PM
Vanish PM provides support for acne-prone and oily skin, helping to calm and soothe the appearance of redness and irritation, while maintaining moisture levels during the night.
This Goes With That for the Most Confident and In-Depth Beauty and Skin Care
See what a little knowledge does? Hopefully we have helped you decide on some combinations of successful skin care and lifestyle practice, together with in-depth information about products that can help support a more glowing You in 2016.
For further information about our personalised treatment plans, contact You By Sia at one of our six skin specialist clinics based in Sydney CBD, Parramatta, Burwood, Castle Hill, Bondi Junction and St. Ives.