A gorgeous glow is always in style, however sun spots, brown patches and large freckles on the face, neck and hands are the beauty banes of many Australian women. As much as we love living in such a sun filled country, without taking the correct precautions, this can wreak havoc on the skin which is regularly exposed to the elements. In the cosmetic world, we like to call these unusual darkened areas ‘Hyperpigmentation’, this common issue tends to get worse as skin ages and can cause skin to look older than it is.
Whatever your skin tone maybe, you ideally want it to be even, flawless and luminous.
- The chief culprit for these darkened imperfections is sun exposure over a long period of time.
- Low protection or inadequate sunscreen.
- Not all skin pigmentation issues are due to the sun. Chlosama, which looks like a dark butterfly shape on the chin, usually across the upper lip, nose, cheeks and forehead can be caused by elevated levels of hormones.
How To Fix It
- Pigmentation can be treated through a number of methods which our highly trained experts can explain to you and recommend to you personally. Our pigmentation treatments range from laser, specialist product and laser, or in mild cases, just specialist product alone.
- It is important to avoid sun exposure for 4 weeks before your treatment.
- It is advised to prep your skin with our specialist pigment prevention products in the upcoming weeks before your treatment; this involves cleansing your skin morning and evening with The Delicate Clenz Cleanser, supporting the skin with the Release Serum, Shift AM and Shift PM, and finally protecting the skin with Minc moisturising sunscreen.
- To maintain maximum results post treatment we advise using products with SPF protection on the skin, such as our Minc Moisturiser and Mineral Makeup.