FUNGAL NAIL INFECTION LASER TREATMENT IN OUR SYDNEY CLINIC
Time for beautiful, healthy nails
We know how hard it is to have unsightly nails. It means always wearing closed in shoes and covering up toenails to hide what’s underneath.
Our experienced podiatrist working at you by sia is ready to diagnose and help you treat your unsightly nails, which is usually caused by a fungal infection.
With our revolutionary fungal nail laser treatment, our podiatrist is able to kill the fungus that is causing the damage to your nails, resulting in clean, clear, healthy nails.
At you by sia, we are offering complimentary consults with our expert podiatrist to diagnose your condition and advise you on the best course of action for treatment.
Why are fungal infections so hard to treat?
Fungal fingernail and toenail nail treatments are frustrating! Many patients come to us having tried many products already on the market with no results and having spent a lot of time and money doing so.
Such infections usually have spores which live underneath the nail plate, making it very difficult to treat with topical applications, not to mention messy and time consuming.
The key to successful treatment is a correct diagnosis, appropriate treatment management and addressing the original causes of your infection to prevent re-exposure.
What are the benefits of fungal nail laser treatment?
- Quick – Each toenail takes approx. 5-10 minutes to treat with laser nail infection treatment and most patients only need two podiatry sessions for successful treatment.
- Easy – No need to apply any other fungal nail treatment with laser treatment
- Effective – 85% success rate compared to approx. 10% success rate with topical treatments and 50% success rate with oral anti-fungal medication.
- Comfortable – The most you will experience during your fungal nail laser treatment is some heating of the nail.
- Safe – Only in rare cases a patient may experience some mild redness or stinging of the treated area and there are no known long term side effects with fungal nail laser treatment.
- No damage – In most cases (unlike other fungal nail treatment options) there won’t be any need for aggressive cutting or debriding of the nail plate so your nail can remain intact
- No risk of cross contamination – Each toenail fungus treatment session is performed by a qualified podiatrist who only uses sterile instruments and practices to avoid cross contamination between patients and also contaminating other nails which do not have an infection.
How long does each nail infection treatment take?
Fungal nail laser treatment can be performed in as little as 5 minutes per nail. It is recommended that a minimum of 2 toenail fungus laser treatment sessions for successful treatment and most infections are cleared with only 2 treatments (unlike many other laser treatments that require a minimum of 6 sessions!)
There is no down time or pain following the hand or foot fungus treatment.
What results can I expect?
Laser fingernail fungus treatment works by killing the fungal spores underlying the nail plate and stopping the infection from affecting new nail. This allows the infection to grow out and new, healthy nail to grow without being affected by fungal spores. This can take anywhere between 3-6 months depending on how low the fungal infection is on the nail plate.
What do I need to know before my laser fungal consult?
- Remove all acrylic, gel or nail polish from all your nails
- Bring a clean pair of socks if you will be wearing socks at the time of your consult
- Check with your private health insurance if you are covered for podiatry, you may be eligible for a rebate on any consult fees.